For those looking to declare a Writing Studies Minor, you can do so at any point in your degree pathway:
For those who do not yet have 90 credits, you will need to complete the following:
For those who have over 90 credits, you will need to complete the following:
- A Change of Minor Form
- A General petition Form from SSHA, which includes a brief statement of reason for petition
- Note: Under "Reason for petition" box check “Changing major/minor, double-majoring in senior standing”
- Don’t forget to sign and date!
For additional questions about declaring a Writing Studies Minor, please email Paul Gibbons (email@example.com) or Carolyn Barranco, the newly assigned Writing Studies Minor Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Registrar forms site: https://registrar.ucmerced.edu/forms
- Change (or add) Minor form: https://registrar.ucmerced.edu/sites/registrar.ucmerced.edu/files/page/d...
- SSHA Advising Forms Site: https://ssha-advising.ucmerced.edu/forms
- General Petition Form for SSHA: https://ssha-advising.ucmerced.edu/sites/ssha-advising.ucmerced.edu/file...
- Override Request Form: https://ucmerced.box.com/s/fj8htdvj8vcyosm1shn4nz2ognk6ctkv